What Are The Most Popular 3-Woods That PGA Tour Players Use?

Regarding golf, the most experienced players know that success is found in the details. From the clubs they use to how they grip their putter, every decision is made with precision and accuracy. 

One of the most important decisions a golfer can make is what type of fairway woods they use. On the PGA Tour, certain models reign supreme as the most popular choices amongst top-level players.

Today I will explore the most popular 3-Woods that PGA tour players Use. Stay tuned.

Most Popular 3-Woods That PGA Tour Players Use


Most Popular 3-Woods That PGA Tour Players Use

Of the top 100 golfers on the PGA Tour, 96% use the 3-wood, and the remaining 4% use the 4, 5, and 7-wood.

Among the 3-woods most used by professional golfers are TaylorMade Stealth Plus, Titleist TSi3, PING G425 Max, TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus, and Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond, according to data provided for March 2023.

Below is the latest data on the most 3-woods brands and models used by PGA professionals:

Most Popular 3-wood Brands That PGA Tour Players Use

Brand Name Number of Tours Players Are using now
Taylormade27
Titleist26
Callaway22
Ping17
Cobra3

Most Popular 3-wood Models That PGA Tour Players Using:


Taylormade

Models PGA Tour Player Using them
TaylorMade Stealth Plus13(including Scottie Scheffler, Tommy Fleetwood, Sergio Garcia, Sepp Straka, Adam Scott, Lucas Herbert, Denny McCarthy, Richard Bland, Scott Stallings, Viktor Hovland, Luke List, and Dean Burmester
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus5(Including Scottie Scheffler, Kurt Kitayama, Tommy Fleetwood, Rory McIlroy, Collin Morikawa)
Taylormade Sim2 Max3(including Brandt Snedeker, Robert MacIntyre, and Charl Schwartzel)
TaylorMade SIM22(Including Luke List and Brendan Steele)
TaylorMade SIM4(Including Jason Kokrak, Ryan Palmer, Martin Kaymer and Harry Higgs)
TaylorMade Stealth1( Adam Long)
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus5(Including Scottie Scheffler, Kurt Kitayama, Tommy Fleetwood, Rory McIlroy, Collin Morikawa)
TaylorMade SIM Rocket 31(Collin Morikawa)
TaylorMade M61(Zach Johnson)
TaylorMade M6 Rocket1(Martin Kaymer)
TaylorMade M2 Tour HL1 (Brooks Koepka)

Callaway

Models PGA Tour Player Using them
Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond S4(Xander Schauffele, Adam Scott, Min Woo Lee, and Adam svensson)
Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS4( Including  Abraham Ancer, Talor Gooch, Branden Grace and Marc Leishman)
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS2 ( Alex Noren and Phil Mickelson)
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond1 (Jon Rahm)
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero1 (Christiaan Bezuidenhout)
Callaway Epic Max LS3 ( Including Kyoung-Hoon Lee, Henrik Stenson, and Danny Lee)
Callaway Paradym2 (Including Justin Rose and Danny Willett)
Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond5 ( Including Kevin Kisner, Min Woo Lee, Alex Noren, Xander Schauffele, and Kevin Na)

Titleist

Models PGA Tour Player Using them
Titleist TS24(Including Tom Hoge, J.T. Poston, Byeong Hun An, and Webb Simpson)
Titleist TS33(Including Patrick Cantlay, Webb Simpson, and Byeong Hun An)
Titleist TSi2 5(Including Sungjae Im, Brian Harman, Thomas Pieters, Charles Howel III and Matt Jones)
Titleist TSi313(Including Matt Fitzpatrick, James Hahn, Russell Henley, Scott Stallings, Antoine Rozner, Garrick Higgo, Bernd Wiesberger, Paul Casey, Cameron Young, Charley Hoffman, Harold Varner III, Ian Poulter, and Chesson Hadley)
Titleist 915F1( Patrick Cantlay)

Ping

Models PGA Tour Player Using them
PING G425 Max9(Including Joel Dahmen March, Viktor Hovland, Tony Finau, Mackenzie Hughes, Bubba Watson, J.J. Spau, Louis Oosthuizen, Lee Westwood and Kevin Streelman)
PING G425 Max3(Including Guillermo Mito Pereira, Sebastian Munoz, and Cameron Champ)
PING G4001(Louis Oosthuizen)
PING G4104(Including Martin Laird, Joaquin Niemann, Jason Day, and Brendon Todd)

Cobra

Models PGA Tour Player Using them
Cobra King LTDxBryson DeChambeau
Cobra Aerojet LS PrototypeGary Woodland
Cobra King LTDx LSRickie Fowler

Are Other Fairway Woods That Pros Use?


Many people ask us whether professionals use other fairway woods. We found that about 96% of the top pros use 3-woods, and the remaining 4% use 4-woods, 5-woods, or even 7-woods. Among the top 100 PGA Tour players, most use a 5-wood (30), 7-wood (12), and only 2 use a 4-wood. 


Why Are TaylorMade, Titleist, PING, and Callaway Performing Better Than Other Brands In The Golfing World?


TaylorMade, Titleist, PING, and Callaway have become top-performing brands in the golfing world due to several factors, which include product innovation, marketing strategies, player endorsements, and customer support. Here are some reasons why these brands are performing better than others in the golf industry:

Product Innovation

These brands have consistently focused on developing cutting-edge technology to improve the performance of their golf equipment. They invest heavily in research and development, creating products that enhance distance, accuracy, and forgiveness. These companies maintain a competitive edge in the market by consistently offering new and improved products.

Marketing Strategies

TaylorMade, PING, and Callaway have developed strong marketing strategies, targeting different segments of the golfing community. They utilize a variety of channels to reach consumers, such as social media, sponsorships, and experiential marketing. By positioning themselves as leaders in the industry, they create a strong brand image that resonates with golfers.

Player Endorsements

These brands have established partnerships with many top professional golfers, who often use their equipment in tournaments. This serves as a testament to the quality and performance of their products and creates a sense of aspiration for amateur golfers who want to use the same equipment as their favorite pros.

Some well-known golfers who have endorsed these brands include Tiger Woods (TaylorMade), Titleist(Web Simpson), Bubba Watson (PING), and Phil Mickelson (Callaway).


Customer Support

TaylorMade, PING, and Callaway have developed excellent customer service and support systems to assist golfers in finding the right equipment for their needs. They offer personalized fitting services, demo days, and online resources to help golfers make informed decisions about their equipment. This commitment to customer satisfaction further solidifies its reputation in the industry.


Brand Loyalty

These brands have cultivated a loyal customer base through consistent quality, performance, and innovation. Golfers who have had positive experiences with their products often remain loyal, recommending them to friends and continuing to purchase from these brands in the future.

These factors, combined, contribute to the ongoing success of TaylorMade, Titleist, PING, and Callaway in the golfing world. Their commitment to innovation, marketing, endorsements, and customer support has helped them outperform many other brands in the industry.


Conclusions


The most popular fairway woods among PGA Tour players are TaylorMade Stealth Plus, TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus, Titleist’s TS2 and TS3, Ping’s G400, and Cobra’s King LTDx. Each club is designed differently to accommodate a variety of golfers’ needs. Whether you’re looking for increased accuracy or distance, it’s important to research each club and determine which best suits your playing style.

Read more:

James Krig is a skilled content writer at Nattygolf, known for his engaging storytelling and passion for golf. With ten years of experience, James offers insightful articles that captivate and educate readers. As a dedicated golfer, he brings authenticity and expertise to his writing, making him a valuable asset to the Nattygolf team and the golf community.